Applying for a visa which has been rejected can be frustrating emotionally and financially, however, you have the opportunity to perform visa appeal depending on the visa that you have applied for. There are various types of denied visa that can appealed which include spouse visa, family permits, visa for family visit and fiancé visas.
Steps on Visa Appeal
• When you receive the visa refusal decision, you need to decide if you would like legal representation where you can ask for a help from an immigration solicitor.
• You need to complete an appeal forms as well as draft grounds of an appeal which explains the reason behind your disagreement with the visa refusal decision. You have two options for this, you can request for an oral hearing or a paper hearing, in addition, you need to decide also whether you would attend the hearing in giving evidence or you just want to for any witness to attend the hearing. Further, you need to ensure that the documents have accurate information to minimize the chances of visa refusal.
• Once you have receive a date for your court hearing, you are required to prepare a statement which contain information concerning your case as well as the reasons why immigration authorities need to grant your visa. In order for your case to be strong, you need to have statements from any witnesses as evidence at the hearing appeal.
• You need also to present helpful documents that could assist the immigration authorities in deciding that the visa refusal is incorrect.
• Your papers need to be neatly numbered and should be photocopied in triplicate. You need also to prepare a cover letter that will accompany your application bundle which consists of information particularly your immigration history.
• Make sure that you have paid the exact amount on processing your visa application.
• Checking the expiry date of your visa is also significant to avoid losing the right to appeal.
• Allow a sufficient amount of time for the processing and submission of the application.
Aside from the above information, it is best to consult a lawyer to assist you with your visa appeal and he or she can also offer you advices or recommendations on the things that you need to do with regards to your visa appeal. In addition, you need to follow the proper procedure or guidelines that the court or immigration authorities require you to do so, to grant your visa.